04-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I'd go with the Camaro over the Genesis. For the same price as a 2.0T track you can get a Camaro V6 LT1 RS (I think the LT1, whatever the one under the one with leather standard is).

Also, I happened to be driving by the Hyundai dealership with my GF in the car when she said out loud, "What in the hell is that car at the Hyundai dealership? It looks really good!"

I figured it was the Genesis and since I haven't seen one in person I pulled a u-turn to take a closer peek. Sure enough it was a 2.0T Premium w/ Auto. Not bad looking, but there seemed to be a slight fitment issue with the window against the car since the door doesn't have a frame around the window. Anyways it wasn't that bad until I looked at the price. $26,250! That RS V6 is only around $1,500 more. Then it got even worse. I looked to the left of the info sticker and it had one of those dealer price sheets. The price for the car was $31,250! I wondered what the hell they had done to it that added 5G's so I looked up and it was "Market Adjustment".

They are charging a 5G premium over MSRP for a 2.0T Auto in this market! HAHA! GL with that. While the Camaro undoubtedly has a markup as well, its rich history is enough to justify it.