Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPlease View Post
Just configured one for $51,000 and I must say, it looks pretty damn tempting
Options:
-Sport Differential
-7 speed dct
-Navigation
-Bang and Olfsun sound system
I just configured it with the same options.

I went to the dealer and sat in it, as well as going over numbers on paper.
I already got a $1k under MSRP offer from them.
My MSRP was $53,075 including destination.

I really dont understand the "335i VS S4" comparisons going on here.
I want to buy a 4 wheel drive car to have for the winter so my comparison will obviously be between the xi and the s4, not between the 335i and the S4.
That does not make sense.

Anyway, putting that aside, when you price both cars with ALMOST equal options (bmw being the one that lacks a few options in the end in order the stay around the same price range as the s4), the 335xi still ended up with a $55k MSRP while the Audi came out with a $53k MSRP.

So thats your comparison.
I got the Audi down to $52k already.
Can you get the 335xi down to $52k from $55k?

Let's say you do.
We all know what you end up with when you go for the 335xi... a slower car (since the xi is a bit slower), an uglier interior, a car that does not take a beating well since the turbos and oil shoot up after a few pulls, and a smaller car.

What Audi lacks?
The Navi did not look as nice, and was not as practical as ours...I guess because I am used to my Navi (I have a 2009 so its a 2nd gen navi).

You can say that BMW is a drivers car, but the facts point in a different direction.
Audi offers a sports differential, custom damping, engine dynamics, shifts, and a 7 speed dual clutch.
These are the options that pulled me into an M3 or M5 because I have choices for my drive.

The 335 gives you what choices for your tranny, suspension, and shifts?

We can't even get the damn DCT 335 in the states!

Anyway, I will post a full test and video tomorrow after I take the S4 for a test drive.

Edit: BMW won in the service department thus far since they have the maintenance program.
Although, they did offer me free "Audi Care" which I guess is free oil changes and such.
I also liked my BMW dealer (Rallye BMW) a lot more than the Audi dealers I have seen.

Anyone know a good Audi dealership in the NY area?

Last edited by Crisp; 10-01-2009 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0