11-30-2020, 05:25 PM   #33
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
The GT500's biggest problem are the Ford dealers. Everyone keeps mentioning the ~$72k price on the GT500, but ever single one I've seen has a significant dealer markup putting at lot closer to $100k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I laugh every time I see one for sale $120k + on auto trader. Sad thing is some ppl must be paying if if all the dealers are pricing this way.

Crazy to think some would opt for that over building one for significantly less. Hoping the prices come back down to earth as I'd love to buy one in the near future
Some of that is the Track Pack as mentioned but even on top of that dealers are asking $20K plus over the MSRP. Just like any car drive it off the lot and you're looking at an easy 30% depreciation however throw in the $20k plus over MSRP and it just adds insult to injury. I had to talk a buddy out of buying a 2020 C8 ZR1 that the dealer had at $25K over MSRP since he couldn't get a pre-order. My rationale to him was that unless he was willing to literally walk out his front door and throw $25K into the street and walk back into the house he shouldn't buy the car.
Appreciate 1
Savage_M3301.00