05-30-2020, 06:52 PM   #31
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
It was supposed to hit 111 here in the Phoenix area today but was 107 when I made a short trip to the grocery store and back. AC worked fine but once again a short trip. Tomorrow is supposed to hit 107 so at the heat of the day I'm going to make a long drive to see how the AC works.
It did hit 108 here today and I was out in the car when it was 105. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do a long drive as planned as I was on a mission to Home Depot for a "Honey Do" to fix the misting system on our main patio and install one on the MBR patio for my wife as that is her domain as she spends hours on WhatsApp calls with her family in Bolivia.

Reading through the issues reported at least on my drive today with ambient 105 degree temperature I had no issues with the AC blowing hot air at high RPMs or heavy acceleration as in my commitment to limeypride I'm in Sport Plus only now and it holds gears at least to 4000 RPM before an up shift and even higher depending on the situation. In normal DILYSI fashion on the way to and back from Home Depot I was accelerating from a stop light to 60 MPH plus in a blink of an eye (most of the trip had 45 to 50 MPH PSL streets) and RPMs in the 4K to 5K range prior to up shifts.

Last note is won major points with the wife for the misting system now installed on "her" patio so a good day overall.
Appreciate 4
limeypride4425.00
Ozzie8641.00