06-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #12
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
Uh no.

I know for a fact that the 335i doesn't weigh that much (mine was 3390ish on the scales with a 1/4 tank of gas). Get your numbers from someplace else. The turbo 4banger ATS (the only one that actually matters in this discussion) weighs almost 3500lbs, I can see a completely stripped down version dipping under 3400, but it'd be a loud rattletrap. The V6 engine in the ATS probably weighs more than a LS3/LT1.
Those numbers are directly from Cadillac.com and bmwusa.com. That is the only objective numbers. Have an issue with them, complain to BMW and GM.

Quote:
That's great. It's also a smaller car. My S2000 weighed less than a 5-series too
Warning: More numbers coming directly from the manufacture.

5 series:

Overall length: 193.1"
Width: 73.2"
Wheelbase: 116.9"

CTS:

Overall length: 195.5"
Width: 72.2"
Wheelbase: 114.6"

Are you going to call BS to those numbers and that you took a ruler to the 5 series and CTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_siggy View Post
Curb weights assume a full tank of gas as well as all other operating components/fluids in the car. With 1/4 tank you were holding ~ 25 lbs of fuel, so add another 75-80 lbs for a full tank. Not saying one of you is completely wrong or right, just stating that your particular weight session was not indicative of whether a given curb weight was right or wrong, as your vehicle wasn't using the same parameters. Were you IN the car when it weighted in at 3390. If so, that would be surprising.
Not sure about GM because the website says curb weight, but BMW's website states unladen weight which does not include the weight of fuel.

Last edited by quagmire; 06-06-2014 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0