Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
The fact the turbo s is modded too truly bolsters the case for the GT500. Personally I never feared racing anyone in my turbo's but now, even those with the new 992 turbo S better think twice about racing the GT500 especially once it gets moving as it will no longer be a cakewalk. I too have no regrets getting my M850 and it being 100% stock (it's plenty fast) as I've grown beyond the need for stupid fast, been there done that on land, sea, and air. I will seriously look into the C8 ZO6 HTC because I like the way it looks in/out and luv the idea of having a 600+hp NA FPC V8. We are all very, very blessed here
991.2 Turbo S's are harder to mod than 991.1 Turbo S's they are stock low 130's cars. Longboarder (member here) has a .1 with mods but I would not call them extensive and he traps 147.XXX

I am tempted to send my R8 to UGR--- but I too, dont think I need more hp to go further. But I love my N/A V10 in the same regard as your consideration for the C8 Z.

If you want to know more about that exact GT500 you can see it here, impressive but also heavily modded to get that extra 10-12 mph in trap speed in the quarter (requires quite a bit more hp) plus other changes.

BTW it now traps 155 LOL

155 mph traps are insane for a street car, Ford provided quite an engine as a base platform to expand upon and apparently no mod lockouts. Luv the R10's, and if they'd offer vented seats I'd have one in the garage, as being in S Florida they are a must. Good point about the new P-turbo's mod limitations, some of the manufacturers are getting smarter. You've gotta give Chevy credit as even the base C8's engine is ~500hp and with blown air to help. To be fair, the near instantaneous throttle response of today's TT engines is impressive.
A good friend of mine (and a friend to Vic, others here) in a '19 M5C ran this repeatedly on the street with bolt-ons. No prep. No race gas. No special tires.

That Mustang is a helluva car—really, I like it a lot—but the context here implies or tries to ignore the obvious mods—as others have said, it's heavily mod'd.

Now here's a reasonably well mod'd luxo-barg on the street. Consider it with race gas and a prep'd surface and better tires... who knows; Mike never tried because he was happy with this result (understandably so).

In addition, let's reverse the scenario with the Mustang on the street, etc. and the M5 at the track... very different results.

Again, love the Mustang but these numbers—while great—aren't that unusual these days. Granted, though, the base price is appealing but how much were the mods?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Vic5519395.00