View Single Post
      03-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Mad_Mike
Registered
Rep
Drives: 05 Z4 Roadster

Dice kit install - (Now Fixed!) with install tips and review.

Hi guys.

I recently bought my used Z4 on the cheap. It's pretty much loaded with the sport and premium packages. I think the only things it does not have are the CD changer and nav and I was able to get it for less than book for a base Z4. It has a few minor blemishes and it needed a a little work but it's otherwise in great condition and I got a whole lot of car for a little money. I put in new pads and rotors all the way around. The local BMW dealer (Fields in Daytona Beach - Thanks guys!) fixed an issue with the passenger airbag switch for free even though I didn't buy the car there. Some fresh plugs and a little TLC and it's been awesome so far. I REALLY love this car.

The two remaining issues now are a horn that doesn't work (fuses are good) and the CD player (not the radio) seems to stutter or hitch after extended play time (getting hot?). I figure I'll have to take the horn issue to my mechanic but...

With the killer stereo and a spare iPod mini lying around, I sprung for a Dice kit to mount in the trunk and enjoy a whole lot more of my music library. It seemed like a simple install, right? Wrong.

Here's the issue.

I downloaded a couple different PDFs showing how to do it and it all seemed simple but the whole where they say to find the connectors looks different in my car. The back of the storage compartment comes right up to the access hole and I cant get my fingers in to the little gap that remains to find the three and six pin connectors. Also the wiring harness seems to be much bigger with more wires. I've called Dice tech support and they don't have an answer (pretty pitiful).

Any ideas? Is there another way to access the space the connectors are supposed to be hidden? Should I look elsewhere? I've already found nothing in the speaker hole behind the seat.

Here's a picture of what I'm looking at. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Mad_Mike; 03-15-2009 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0