View Single Post
      06-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #33
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
What a ignorant statement.. P85d has more than 240mi range and even under constant hard acceleration it gives more than 50mi. Last time i checked, there isnt a track in the world thats bigger than 50mi. Also there isnt any large sedan that can do 3.2 sec to 60.
Only reason why you dont see them in nordschleife, is because people buy tesla for daily commuting. Just because its not driven on a track, doesnt mean its a bad car. Comments like yours give bmw drivers bad name
Comments like yours give bmw drivers an uneducated name.

There is a video of a professional racing driver giving the p85 (non d) a go, and the batteries or power circuit is (suggested to be) overloaded on the nordschleife as power dropped dramatically and it is overtaken by almost everybody.
Do some research before you make yourself ridiculous.

Also you see all kinds of cars, busses, vans etc on the nordschleife, but I think you've never been there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Here is Roadster lapping at Calabogie.
You have any video footage of the model S on calabogie or another track to see the stamina? (so no drag strip)
the roadster is very light, so that puts less strain on the batteries I imagine, which is supposedly the problem with the model S according to that team that ran the S on the nordschleife (or maybe it has a different kind/type of battery)
Toyota made an electric race car a few years back that lapped the nordschleife pretty fast, but that was (obviously) also very lightweight build.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-18-2015 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0