View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 11:18 AM   #11
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
I wonder how this will sell considering that current 6 Series sales are atrocious.
The 6 Series Gran Coupe and convertible were discontinued last year while the coupe went out of production a year prior. Current 6 Series sales numbers are for the G32 640i GT only which is known not to be getting a replacement at the end of its model run due to poor sales.

The 8 Series, on the other hand, is selling just fine for a six figure vehicle with limited practicality (only two doors). The addition of this new four door Gran Coupe model should at least double sales if not more.

Furthermore, the newly available 840i coupe and convertible models, soon to include an 840i Gran Coupe as well, bring the entry MSRP down into the five figure range (about $85k), making the vehicle quite a bit more accessible. It will also mean that the number of 8 Series variants has reached parity with what was available for the F generation 6 Series (not including the M6 Gran Coupe replacement, the M8 Gran Coupe, which will debut and go on sale next year).
Appreciate 2