View Single Post
      04-18-2024, 11:24 PM   #55
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
TWO-BMW any tips after your search? I imagine it’s no different than searching for anything else.

I did this to find my 2020 M550. Searched high and low for a particular spec and got a great find and price.

Always liked the 8GC. This week I got one (40i) as a loaner while my M550 is being serviced. I think M850GC will be my next car. I’ll likely be having the brakes done in the next couple months (or weeks depending on the report from this service) and tires shortly after. That kind of maintenance expense will keep me set on the current car for a while more. But I love driving this loaner. I didn’t know if I’d find anything that could replace all the 550 offers but the 8 might do it. I think the increased profile in styling and the sporty driving dynamic can offset the difference in the way the seats fit me and the trunk size. I’ve gotten used to the seating after a couple days and the kids’ seats fit surprisingly great in the back. Did I mention that I love how it drives and handles? Wife likes it a lot too.

So, I’m sure my eye will be wandering and I’ll start doing research, now that the bug is in my ear. If you picked up on any patterns or trends for looking for these cars, I’d love to know. It will likely be even harder to find a particular spec than the 550 was.

Congrats on your car and thanks for the thread. It’s helpful.
Searching to find as close to the perfect car as possible just takes time, daily effort, and patience. You also need to have a clear list of the exact options that you want and what is most important to you. Granted, with the M850i, it comes pretty well loaded. The only options my car lacks, that I would have wished for, in a perfect world, the B&W sound system (very hard to find) and the Crystal Shift Controller knob. Granted, that crystal knob might not be as ideal for everyday use. I was just surprised my car didn't have it because it was on almost every car I had looked at previously, and also mentioned in every review.
Appreciate 0