06-14-2020, 08:56 PM   #61
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
This is bad. This is really, really bad. They have a systemic A/C problem in M8s that we have recognized and they either have not recognized it yet or they are willfully letting cars go out into the wild with the problem.
Absolutely agree and hence the prior postings on tracking build dates to see if there is any correlation whatsoever or just flat out an overall systemic A/C issue in the M8/M8Cs. it could track to batches of OEM parts used for the compressor/condenser or just a compete failure.

It's only 100 here today but I just did a short run to the corner market to pick up some beer to enjoy during my happy hour online time this evening. I watched the RPMs on startup and before the initial "step down" the A/C was blowing cold just parked in the garage. The drive to the corner market and back had 100% flawless A/C coverage.

I know this doesn't necessarily help those with the A/C issues but rather post just to hopefully help them prove the problem given that the Phoenix climate is absolutely unforgiving when it comes to A/C requirements. That said I've been errant in reaching out to my CA to see if there have been reported M8/M8C A/C failures to their dealership. The email was just sent so will follow-up with anything he reports.
Appreciate 1