06-13-2020, 07:06 PM   #55
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
My reason for mentioning recirc is two fold, one that since I have been using it exclusively due to the pandemic I haven't had one issue with cooling (something did occur a while back), and two I think the issue I had/others are having may have something to do with the hvac door(s) not fully opening/closing properly perhaps allowing too much outside air in, as during my incident I tried a bunch of things and I believe engaging the recirc and going back to auto mode did the trick. I no longer have to use auto mode either, just been using recirc but will try it w/o as a test next time I take out the car. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the issue being reported is just a software glitch.

Your thoughts about builds dates is a good one and that's why I encourage members on all the auto forums I belong do always list their production dates in their sigs.
Re-circulation aka Max A/C makes sense if there is an issue with the HVAC door(s) not functioning properly as that will close them and just recirculate the cabin air. So definitely a good test to see if that solves the problem as if so it points back to the HVAC door(s) or software that controls them.

I should have clarified in my "band-aid" statement that on my wife's X5 it just helps get the cabin to a cooled temperature in the summer months in about 10 minutes (seriously that is a lifetime in a 110+ degrees) and once done we'd disengage it and everything worked fine from that point on. My point being if I have to do that in the M850i with its tiny cabin area vs the X5 I'd be majorly disappointed.
Appreciate 1