View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #29
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
They're simply less grippy than stickier tires so the computer aids kicking cutting power in are inevitable. It's annoying but important for safe commuting. Without traction/stability control, throttle modulation would be quite taxing on snow covered roads, especially on inclines.
I'm wondering if it's more about the deep tread blocks and the number of them to grab onto snow. I'm thinking it might have to do with flexing. The behavior I'm seeing is even at 60+ MPH and cruising if I apply even moderate gas, the traction control kicks in. I have a Dinan S2 tune but I really doubt that is causing any perceived traction problems.

I did turn off the traction control but leaving DSC on a couple of times yesterday. Applying somewhat aggressive throttle but not stuffing the gas produced nice smooth acceleration. At no point did the WS80 tires lose traction. I might just have to drive around with traction control turned off until rain or snow hits.
Appreciate 0