View Single Post
      09-10-2023, 02:28 PM   #81
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
GT3 RS whilst on the track yesterday. Great guy, really good driver. He just got the car and was doing a 1:48 on his first set. My best time is a 1:46 with Cup 2s, not these Hancooks, no excuse, but they're just known to be slower. P driver slowed down for me somewhere in there and his tow made me a bit quicker than I'd be on my own. We did a lead-follow thing which really helps to learn the course from one another. Awesome day.

I did not edit the video so it's a bit long, but for your viewing pleasure. Note the different lines of the two cars. The P-car is just friggin amazing. Nothing like it. I have more vid chasing a built-up lotus and too much fun.
Great vids and lot of good info.

I am also a former bike racer starting in the 1970s and raced in Ontario with some of the greats. (I was never close to great. ) Last "real" race was the Victoria Day Sprints in 1987. Did probably 100 or so track days on bikes after that though until about 7 years ago.

So, I destroyed my nearly new M4CX at WGI at the end of July and ordered an M2 10 days later. (I wanted another M4 but but I was underinsured and can't presently rationalize the $15-20K additional funds need for another one.) That M$ was a beast at the Glen, and I saw 147 MPH just before braking for the Bus Stop.

I just found out that my M2 build has been pushed out another 9 weeks due to production issues with the carbon seats, so I was searching out other options.

Straight out of the blue a sales rep sends me a link to a 2020 M8 for about $80k with 32k miles. That got me thinking and I ended up here.

Always loved the M8 but never thought it could be a competent track car.

Now I'm looking at used M8s with 20k ish miles for just over $70k, which is LESS than my M2 build.

Its hard to argue against 617 HP and 2.5 0-60.

Anyway, keep the posts coming. Much appreciated!
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 0