View Single Post
      05-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

M8 Render Project

Hi all.

We're all curious to see how the M8 will look like now that BMW M have baited us with the camouflaged prototype.

I believe my render is the 1st realistic render of the upcoming M8. It is of course based on the 8 Series Concept and what I have guessed from the M8 prototype pics...

As you can see, the front end of my render is much shorter, higher and more conventional than the Concept car. The main reason is that the nose of the concept car is not realistic at all and would not meet pedestrian protection standards. The conventional nose, again based on the prototype, makes my render fit in much more with the current line up. I've also moved the headlights higher and made them deeper based on the pics of the prototype. I have taken a guess about what is hidden in the M8 prototype, which are the front and side air intakes. Based on enhance pics, I am pretty sure that the shape of the front air intake is like my render, and I do like the design of the side air intakes of the Concept car, but I've made it more realistic looking with proper wide M side intakes...

On the other hand, most of the body of the 8 Series Concept is the final production car. I've just worked a bit on the side sills (based on pics of the M8 prototype), added M mirrors and door handles... I did not change the wheels/tyres as they look great on the concept. I just coloured them black as per the new M4 CS. I also put a black shadow trim on the car (window surround, kidneys, M8 logo).

I think the car looks pretty cool, what do you guys think?

Below pics of the Concept car, then the M8 render then an animated gif to show the changes.

Time permitting, I'll work on a profile and rear view of this M8 render as well...

Cheers!

Name:  Original car-S.jpg
Views: 3283
Size:  281.2 KB

Name:  2018 M8 Render-S.jpg
Views: 5655
Size:  288.6 KB

Name:  M8 Gif.gif
Views: 6451
Size:  388.3 KB
TomAce67.00