Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solufotebi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solufotebi View Post
I still don't understand why BMW refuses to build a car that can compete with other speed demons
Because BMW has never been just about straight line acceleration.
Yea I know, but the cars we are talking about aren't just great In a straight line. Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911 gt2 rs, even the new ZR1 corvette. BMW not capable of giving us a car that can compete with them?
Ah I see what you mean. The M8 Competition should fill that spot although only time will tell just how good it will be.
The M8 will NOT compete with a 2RS or ZR1. Those are literally track cars with roll cages and etc. the M8 competes with the S63 primarily.

BMW tried creating a track car, M4GTS, and half assed it so it flopped.

BMW can develop a car to compete with the 2RS and ZR1 since they have the capabilities, but I'm going to make an educated guess and say the cost of R&D would outweigh any projected profits from that project since they'd have to start from scratch.
It's the best thing BMW has to compete with them. I know it doesn't directly compete with them. But what else can keep up with those?
The ZR1 and 2RS pretty much destroy any Lamborghini, Ferrari, Mclaren, BMW, MB, Audi, etc.

Honestly, there isn't anything you can compare to those two. Especially not from BMW. I love BMW, but I'm not a fanboy and I'll admit when they're outdone.