Curious Gooner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
For those who think it is crazy to spend over $5k on a mattress (I used to be one of them), you got to try them to know the differences - meaning sleep on it for many nights. Another factor is the age. I am pretty sure you are in your late 20s or early 30s, so you may not have sleep quality issue or body pains so spending thousands on a mattress is not your priority.

We spent $5.5k on the Tempur-Pedic Breeze Cal-King exactly 2 years ago.

Before that, we had been using those cheap mattress around $350 for years (changed a new one every 3-4 years).

Our sleep quality has gone up and we have less body aches waking up.
While I agree that the demographic in here being late 20's and early 30 year old's, I still think mattresses are overpriced. My parents let me have their 2 year old mattress that they got for around $4k back in the day as a reward for when I got my 1st engineering job. Since then I have moved to a $800 quilted memory foam mattress and I sleep better than I ever have. After going from my dorm room bed, to my $300 sears pillowtop, to the $4k mattress, I felt like I would always invest on what I sleep on. I then got a purple mattress for my guest room when they first started up and since then I have questioned my reasoning.

You absolutely do not have to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a mattress to get quality sleep. You are paying for the name at the end of the day. Will a $5k mattress be better than a $400 mattress, 9.5/10 times yes it will. But is a $5k mattress the best thing out there, I think not. Personally if im spending 5k on a mattress, it better cook my breakfast and potentially do my taxes as well.
Appreciate 0