Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
If I pull somebody over, I tell them exactly what drew my attention and why I pulled them over. There is no room for misinterpretation.
Respect, many don't.

Quote:
What you say is true. We do need RS that a crime has occurred or is about to occur. Again, this doesn't really come up on traffic stops.........at least not in my experience.
Have you ever used the line, "You don't mind if I search your car do you?"

Quote:
I know my legal justification for doing what I do when I deal with the public. On the side of the road or at the scene of a crime is not the time nor the place to give legal lessons. That's what court is for.
I doubt that many officers would even have the credentials or knowledge to give legal lessons anyways.

Quote:
If I can articulate it, I can justify just about anything.
Sadly many can't but get the backing of the DA. Even if the individual is innocent they still feel the pain and sometimes for a very long and expensive time.

I would still like to know from my fist question to you, have you read the constitution and bill of rights?
I would add the follow on, do you believe local laws take precedence over constitutional law were you work?
I have used that line, but most of the time I just give an order and search when I have the legal justification to do so.

I read the Constitution and Bill of Rights in high school, and touched on and/or reviewed certain aspects of it while attending college. I'm sure that's the case for most people.

Give me an example of what you mean by local laws superseding constitutional rights.
Appreciate 1