Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
No woman that I've encountered has attempted to use her boobs to get a pass, but they flirt from time to time.
How about turning on the water works? Can women cry their way from a ticket to a warning?

On a personal issue, is there some sort of official "do not taser me" bracelet or similar tag that people with certain medical conditions can wear? I have a medical condition where non-lethal force would surely be lethal, and my "get out of metal detectors free" card would be of little use in preventing a taser deployment. Of course, not winding up in a situation where an officer would need to taser someone is the best bet.....
I don't know that crying is ever effective. Surprisingly it hasn't ever happened to me personally (...aside from the Kawi rider).

As for a less lethal deployment deterrent....

...all of our less lethal options have distance requirements, be it a taser (...although we can dry stun up close), 40mm, stun bags, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
It sucks. The worst part about it is that things are more transparent now than ever, and even still, there's so much dissent. The lack of accountability on behalf of some of the public makes it more difficult, especially with all of the race baiting. Everything we do is perceived to be colored by the race of the individual, and it's certainly not the case. Even with me being a black officer I'm still subject to the ridiculousness.

For the most part the brass at the station level supports the line staff; custody brass is hit and miss. It's bad for everybody everywhere though, and I really feel for the NYPD officers.
I thank God every day my man isn't on the street anymore. He's a Sgt in the detective squad and does mostly white collar crimes. A couple times a year he has to go out and do the mass coordinated arrest warrants for gangs. I hate those days. But at least it's not every day.

I think I'd be a basket case if he was still on the street. Thank you. Be safe out there.
He's where I ultimately want to be, even though I would lose any patrol related pay increases if I go to the detective bureau. There's always a trade off I suppose.

Thank you! I appreciate that. Tell your significant other to be careful out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
The officer is subpoenaed to show, but sometimes the officer can forget.
I thought, when I have glanced at the ones our officers get, that there is something listed about "violation of penal code. . . " To me that would make me remember. . .
You're probably right. I'll look at one of my subpoena's today and confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Does asking for a break make it more likely you'll get one?

My strategy has always been be respectful, don't play dumb (though I try not to provide any specifics in case they're fishing), and make the officer feel as safe as possible (windows down, interior lights one, hands on wheel, engine off, pull over in an area where they're not in danger from traffic, tell them when and where I'm going to reach to get my paperwork).

The above has worked pretty well for me. But, I've never actually asked for a break-- do you think doing so would make me more likely to get one?
It doesn't hurt to ask. You're already detained at that point. I recommend it.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15567.50