View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #59
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Ok... so, American car magazines actually hate American cars and continually complain about them smelling like resin/epoxy/glue/plastic even though in reality they do not and instead its BMWs that do?

Aaaaaalrighty then
Absolutely, bias is an extremely hard thing to shake. After decades of european cars being easily superior in handling, ride, quality, etc., non-german companies are finally able to replicate this. It's as much a result of the information-age as anything else IMO. It's more obvious when there are better cars now, which causes other companies to up their game, which in turn they are able to do because information is no longer "hidden" and everyone instantly/continuously knows what everyone else is doing. To put it simply, they can't get away with making crap anymore.

I've had two german cars recently and I think that when people have a 3 or 4 series, they like to imagine it's a 7-series or S-class, ignoring the miles of plastic and plasticized foam they have in those cars. They really aren't all that IMO. Where the difference might have been huge 20 years ago, it's dropped to almost nil IMO.
Attached Images