07-09-2020, 11:41 PM   #9
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
I didn't have IAS on the M550i and it's a standard feature on the M850i. I'm not a fan of the IAS but it's also convenient for daily driving. I just have to keep second guessing what the rear wheels are doing when going through a spirited turn at certain speeds. It's not a deal breaker but if it was an individual option then I would not get it again. Our G05 X5 also has IAS and it feels better suited to a longer car like the LWB 7-series or X7.
Given IAS is standard in my 2020 M850i coupe it just came along for the ride in the purchase. For daily driving it is a godsend to reduce the turning radius, e.g., U-turns, tight cornering in the Starbucks drive through, etc. Normally I drive in Sport Individual with the steering, transmission and engine set to Sport along with the chassis (aka suspension) set to Comfort) and have had zero issues with IAS from a predictably standpoint when corning at speeds up to 85 MPH.

That said when truly pushing it I'm in either Sport or Sport Plus and I've done 95 to 105 MPH on winding mountain roads with the curves flagged at 65 MPH with the M850i performing flawlessly. Obviously there is no way to compare what the driving experience in the M850i would be without IAS but at this point I'm 100% happy with it.
Appreciate 0