05-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSteve View Post
Im interested in hearing from GC owners about their opinion of the 8 GC vs the 5 series on aspects such as driving performance characteristics, interior space, ingress/egress, seat comfort vs the 5 multi-contour, luxury, value, etc...

Really interested in your motivations for choosing an 8 GC over a G30. And please make mention if you bought the rear wheel steer option.

Not quite to your question but close enough I suspect. I went from a fairly well loaded 2020 F90 M5 Competition to an M8 Comp Gran Coupe. The M8 has a stiffer chassis than my M5s and you can feel that in the twisties. Performance wise: there's almost nothing in it between the two I've had but they share an engine so that's expected.

The 5-series had better seats--massaging, too--my M8 cannot have those but I'm not sure if that's true of other 8-series models. The M8 seats are, however, more than comfortable and I'd miss nothing if I hadn't seen the 5-series seats first.

The 8 is a significant step up in interior design, materials and feels overall far more upscale than even an M5.

Interior cabins are very similar in size although my M8C GC comes with two Captain's chairs in the rear whereas the 5 had a bench seat better able to accommodate 3 people. You could do it in the M8 but an adult wouldn't want to for long.

The 5-series trunk is far more accessible--larger opening... far larger--than the M8.

The 8 will feel more special when you drive it.
Appreciate 2
Ozzie8641.00
dds007411.00