02-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #53
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Saw your post so thought I'd give it a go again. First off the car is always silver in the 3D view vs true color of the car from my experience when it worked. That said now my connectivity is completely broken. The app indicates the car hasn't "checked in" since 2/13 at 4:42 PM.

So figured I'd do the iDrive reset based on Wolfman64 directions. Did that and sure enough several screens through the 70 seconds with seemingly a last reboot. Updated the apps (took a few minutes until that was available) and executed that as well. No issues in the car doing any of that but the app said the car's last status was 2/13. Uninstalled and re-installed the app on my Pixel 3 XL and still the same outcome.

The only thing I can think of is the car is pissed off at me for hitting the parking garage wall as that was on 2/13 but the last check-in is when I parked it at the house at 4:42 PM. Drove the car several times this weekend and apparently all off the Connected Drive grid.

I'm going to deal with the PPF and ceramic coating replacement on the front bumper next week and then take it to the dealer. Side note is my wife's 2017 X5 is working fine from the app for all functions it supports. So WTF with a M850i that literally costs 2X the price?
Bummer...

I'll get the software update tomorrow along with some recall work (wrong washer install on the anti sway bar I think)

Will report if there any improvements on our end.
Appreciate 0