View Single Post
      04-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #107
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

It's interesting this has come up. When I bought my 2013 E82 new, I thought something was wrong as the illumination from the upgraded Xenons were not that great. I noticed this immediately as I'm used to looking pretty far down the road after all the track sessions I've had. Mentioned this to my dealer and it took 3 attempts to get the lights aligned properly.

First time, the tech set the the lights way too high. While I could see decently at distance, I was blinding the crap out of everyone. I got high beam flashes and one guy gave me the finger when I was behind him. Back it went to get adjusted again. The tech thought the only issue was the lights being misaligned and reset the lights to factory spec. Now I'm back to square one again. But this confirmed the factory specs for the headlights is way off. I go back for a third time and my SA goes back to the shop and aligns them himself. He nailed the alignment where I could now see properly down the road and I'm not blinding people at the same time.

Now the wife's 2013 RDX is a different story. She gets people flicking their high beams at her thinking she's running with her high beams on. She isn't. She reports this to the dealer and they check the headlights. They report back nothing needs to be done as everything is at factory spec.
Appreciate 1