CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
I'm curious how the younger crowd is dealing with all this. Those who got their first high paying job, paying $$$ for a place in the city, often with a roommate or two. I imagine it's quite different than siting in a house in suburbia. We have few young professionals moving out back home (to save on rent, mostly), but not sure how widespread this dynamic is.
My sister actually quit her job in MD because of this. She was making okay money (not great) and they cut her hours to basically nothing. She couldn't afford her rent, and she was already living in a house with other people. Other options around her were more expensive. She got two other part time jobs to make ends meet but it was just too insane for one person.

The company begged her to stay since she was good at her job (something environmental related) but she said I can't afford to stay here at 5-10 hours a week of work.

Joke is on them because she moved home and got a better paying job.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0