View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 12:49 PM   #50
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
I'm curious how the younger crowd is dealing with all this. Those who got their first high paying job, paying $$$ for a place in the city, often with a roommate or two. I imagine it's quite different than siting in a house in suburbia. We have few young professionals moving out back home (to save on rent, mostly), but not sure how widespread this dynamic is.
My company is 80% under 35. Tons of fresh grads living together in rented, overpriced, apartments and houses in Seattle. We are 100% work from home since March with no end in sight. Many of them have abandoned Seattle as their leases have come up for renewal and are back living with parents all over the county. I have folks in my department who have relocated to Oregon, CA, Tennessee, Georgia, and Illinois. I actually like it. We work closely with our satellite office in the UK and production facility in China so the folks who relocated to the east coast have more overlap with the UK team in the AM and us still in Seattle take the evening shift to overlap with China.
Appreciate 0