09-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #144
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
My first purchase as an adult was a '08 TL Type-S 6MT and it was a great daily driver. It's not comparable as a "Sport" sedan but most people on a forum like this skew heavily to the enthusiast more than the average Acura buyer.

The old TL-S was FWD but it looked great, sounded great, super ride quality, and had a very nice interior (nicer than the E90 I'm in right now I'd say, except for the infotainment which is always behind the time) and wasn't bad pushing at 7/10ths. Once you got past that point, the standard all seasons would break loose an understeer like a motherfucker.

I suspect the new car will be very similar. Nice design language (interested to see this in the flesh), high quality stereo, and if it handles reasonably well at 7/10ths I think it'll probably be a much nicer balance for a car that biases more towards the comfort end of the spectrum.

I can't stand the way the G20 3 series looks, so if I were looking for a more civil daily I might seriously consider the type S once those reviews start to show up.
I agree. My wife drives an Acura TSX (and then I drive it pretty often) and I could see people liking this car. "Sporty" for how they actually drive (not at the limit), likely reliable, has all the features, good resale, doesn't look bad. As you said for ultimate performance there are better options.