Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by debdoub View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
Many marques/vehicles offer larger wheels and tires as a factory option and there's no changes to beef up driveline components. He also wasn't tracking the car just driving 40-50 mph according to the OP. If I were the OP I would insist BMW to put something in writing explaining the exact reason the spring/s caused their driveline part to disintegrate at 40-50 mph of normal driving. I would then send that to HR for their take.

EDIT: I have been very vocal here nd on other forums to avoid modifications without prior blessings...
EDIT: I have been very vocal here nd on other forums to avoid modifications without prior blessings...

Nailed it
I think we all have especially engine mods like flash tunes.

Noushy
Engine mods can be dangerous, but flash mods or strap on chips are "safer" than mechanical lowering springs.
You are far more likely to mess up the entire power train with wheels, spacers and lower springs [exactly like this OP]; than you are to blow a turbo with ECU boost [like OP said no tune].
and while it's far less likely to happen, even a blown turbo is a drivable fixable solution for half the price, of a whole new axle and drive train. where you can't even drive it and tow costs alone double the double price.
Appreciate 2
noushy1657.00
RJC-11283.50