View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 12:05 PM   #20
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
My guess is that it comes down to weight as well if the M8C doesn't have a more aggressive tune as at least a few suspect given it helps justify the cost differential. Money being no factor into the equation I'd take a M8C over a M5C any day of the week from a pure aesthetics point of view. That said I thought it may be a factor, i.e., drag coefficient (and called out by Matt in the video). However, I just wasted a hour trying to find a trusted source with the specs on both cars. Best I could do on the M8C was Car and Driver and they stated .33. For the M5C ended up with a European car spec website that also claimed .33.

It seems mind boggling to me that the M8C with a total height of 53.6 inches has the same drag coefficient of the M5C at a total height of 58 inches. The roughly 4 inches in height differential should allow more air over the top of the M8C than the M5C. The .33 drag coefficient assigned to both just doesn't make sense.
.33 multiplied by total frontal area is the actual drag. .33 itself isn't the total amount of drag.