01-09-2024, 07:12 PM   #8
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by angoya View Post
Yes mine should land at Long Beach (most likely) as I've placed the order via long beach BMW. Also, tracking the car once its loaded onto a ship is incredibly cool. I did that with my 440 wayyy back in 2016. Was super fun.

Also if you don't mind me asking, how much time was your M850 in the "Your order has been received, and we're making space in the production schedule." status? Mine seems to be in that for a few days. No movement so far. TIA
Honestly didn't track that stage nor any others until the 1st build was done and on a freighter. 1st build was in August and landed in early October. But even before that I realized the car had ZDX (watered down version) vs ZDA (full version with 3D parking cameras, etc.).

I never took possession of the first build (1 of 5 allocated to the US) as although my CA and the dealership manager tried to change the order but it was locked in due to the Individual lock which is 30 days prior to build. To make it right they escalated to BMW NA and got me an expedited build for the 2nd order.

Final build date 10/23/2019 and it landed at the dealer on 12/6 and I took possession on 12/9 with the dealer eradicating the Cerium trim (at their cost) on the build as it wasn't on the order. There's a thread on that aka Cerium eradication program.

Every custom order gets priority 1 at the VDC, etc. But my second order got bumped up beyond that due to BMW's fiasco. There's a thread on ZDX vs ZDA and I never gave up on it and with the help of my dealer, etc. BMW USA finally nuked it off the website configurator in January 2020 with ZDA the only option. 👍
Appreciate 0