View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 03:08 AM   #116
elvisisdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 MSport 2013/09

I don't tend to follow the movement of designers between companies, but didn't the design lead from bmw go to Kia in the last few years? That could be why there is some similarity, I assume Kia may have a quicker route to market but this is just a guess.

That said, I like it. I agree the roof line looks better than the coupe. Having a 6gc, I can understand what's going on with the hofmeister kink, having the pointy out window on the 6gc rear door creates a frameless piece of glass that I constantly have to make sure my little boy doesn't bash his head on. That said the way the rear sweeps over the rear wheel arch the link looks more prominent from the profile picture taken from the front of the car.

In the early shots I actually like it more than I thought. Some things I still think are out of proportion. The height of the bonnet seems to high at the front given the sweeping lines from the windscreen back. I assume this is for pedestrian safety and crash performance? The wheels still look to small, put some 21's with a bit more rubber on to balance the huge size of car to the proportion of the wheel. Those rear usb ports???? These are just thrown in in terms of practicality. My kids will be sat in the back and hanmmering away on their mobiles, why have a charging cable hang down over the controls, why not have them exit the side of the console or underneath the air controls so they don't break the visual performance of the controls.

Finally 6gc Vs 8gc, to me this is just the new f06. The 6 series suffered by being the number under the 7 series, it was clearly designed to be superior to the 7 in terms of interior style and sporty gt style. So making it an 8 makes sense.

Having looked at the 8 coupe, I couldn't understand why it had no rear passenger space, comparing it to an M2 or M4 and it makes no sense why the 8 coupe was so long with such limited space.

When does this get officially released?

Would I take it over the panemera? Not sure, I think the updated interior of the Porsche appeals to me more than this rather bland interior, let's face it it's not dramatically different to the 3 series.
In all honesty, I'll probably get the latest M6GC as a stepping stone before this, likely to wait till the facelift of this comes out to see how much of a lead balloon this thing is in terms of depreciation.
Appreciate 0