09-29-2020, 05:39 PM   #81
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
Oh for sure people go back to AT, but I don't think anyone ever does that because they miss the DCT, PDK or AT driving experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Depends what you call the "driving experience". Hours in stop-start traffic, some drivers may well 'miss' the relaxed experience of an AT, if having to do the daily drive with MT.

I'm in the UK. MT was always the 'cheapest' transmission, both as a purchase and for fuel efficiency, so we naturally bought MT. Driving AT used to be a 'novelty' for many UK users. Different world these days.
Driving in traffic with manuals was never an issue with me, but it makes sense now in your case. You bought MT for economic reasons and not because you preferred it for better road connection, driver feel/experience, more fun, etc. In your case, since cost is no longer a factor, then it's understandable you'd switch to automatics.

But for others like me who enjoy the driving engagement of manuals (and not concerned with being slower than automatics ~0.5s in 0-60), even in traffic, over the numbing feel of automatics, we will keep buying manuals until there's no other choice.
Appreciate 0