Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I beg to differ. Maybe you're not going on vacations or doing different activities but there's no way I would do beach outings without our SUV. Four beach chairs, cooler, umbrella, towels, etc. Could you cram that into an older 3er? Maybe. But why?

We go to Cape Cod some weekends and the whole back of my Grand Cherokee is full (up to my sight line) plus a bike rack on the back. If you have tiny kids, tack a bulky stroller onto that tab. Again... it CAN work in a smaller car, but why? I don't NEED central air in my house but I'm damn glad I have it. At some point, comfort becomes the priority.
LOL - Re-read your comment and you will see you are exactly what everyone is laughing about.

I go to the beach all the time, including Hawaii, where I rented a Camaro convertible. My wife, myself, and our daughter managed just fine to put all of our things in there. Same for going to the beach in FL. Never had the need for anything larger than the MINI.

Beach chairs, umbrella, bulky stroller? Good grief man. Perhaps we should get you a butler and personal outdoors aircon unit as well?

It's the beach, man! LOL!

Grab a blanket or two, carry the kiddos, sit on the dirt.

Is this you?

Kidding of course, do what ever you want - but it isn't a need for an SUV, it's a want.
Hahahaha I wish I could like your comment 50x! People go to the beach with 40% of their home. It's ridiculous! Modern culture encourages this kind of behavior. Really sad how much objects dictate modern life...

You're in front of the ocean!! The ocean!! With almost no clothes on! Don't need much else!