01-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #67
Sweeney921
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW E39 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
Been driving manual trans, LSD, race suspension, high horsepower BMWs for about 16 years and have not once pulled my ebrake for any sort of "tool" while performance driving.
I never claimed to be a performance driver. In fact I'm definitely the opposite. Just out to have some fun with my car, even if it's just Grade-A e-brake tomfoolery in a deserted parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
You can slide without an e-brake on a RWD 300+ hp 50/50 3300lb coupe and there are better cars for some offroad rally racing. For what it is, the lack of an e-brake isn't that big of a deal. Manuals are going away, so we might as well get used to it.
Good point. My 330i xDrive doesn't have 300+ hp though, so I can't fully relate to the new Supra. The e-brake is the only option that I have to get my car sideways - especially at low speeds. Like I said earlier in this post, I'm just out to have some fun and electronic e-brakes take that option away...probably intentionally.

Last edited by Sweeney921; 01-16-2019 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0