View Single Post
      03-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #21
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Had a 2013 STi for awhile. Fun car, but ultimately seemed like a bad compromise at 300hp and 19-20mpg. Yes, generally people aren't that concerned with MPG in cars like this, but I simply didn't need AWD enough to justify not getting more power AND more MPG in something else. I felt like when a 4wd crewcab F150 can get similar economy and have 60hp more . . . something just seemed outdated with the engine technology. As much fun as it was to hoon with AWD, it was lighter on the wallet to plow around in a 2013 Boss 302 that had significantly more power (444) AND 5 more MPG.

I'd definitely own one again though if they could bump the power 40-60hp and/or bump the mileage into the mid-upper 20's.

My only other complaint . . . the community. There are some great people in there, but as a guy (at the time) in his late 20's, the in-person meetups were just full of young immature dudes. I had heard as much, but was hoping to be proven wrong. Again, a few good people, but at my age I just felt out of place in that group.

STi:
Appreciate 0