United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post

I don't get everyone's lust over RS6, still prefer E63S wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
To everyone lusting after an RS6 - I wonder if this is 3 factors added together. One, a new one has just come out. Two, they haven't been in the states before. Three, they have a history of 4 versions now.

Obviously I haven't driven the new one but I spent a lot of time in the C7 shape and they honestly aren't that great. As people always say they are very inert and feel very heavy but what few people report on is the amount of torque steer that the C6 and C7 generations have. I also found the interior very low rent with plastic everywhere. Compared to the M5 and M6 with full leather the interior on the C7 looked like it was competing against the E39, not the F10/F13 generation.

The C8 finally has an option for a leather dash but I'm sceptical about everything being controlled via touch.

I'm very jealous of the 10 piston brake calipers though

I test drove the E63 S, 2018, and it was a bit hard, brash, a little too sporty even in it's comfort setting for normal daily tasks. I also don't like the blingy style to the interior, it just felt a bit... Rory Reid. Exterior color options are just different shades of white, black, and grey, super boring.

The RS6 has nice sharp lines, box looking flared wheel arches which is just cool. The interior is functional and high quality, more BMW-like than Merc bling which appeals to my Bavarian tastes. And the air suspension should make it comfortable for the daily stuff, long road trips with the family, but sporty and fast enough for the odd track day.

An M5 wagon would easily be best out of all options but BMW has completely given up on us wagon enthusiasts.
Appreciate 3