Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv135i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsman View Post
Was hit at intersection by driver going approximately 65 mph in the drivers side fender/wheel area. Impact at about 35 degree angle. Three more feet rearward and I'd have been toast! Knocked car about six feet and then wedged on curb. Driver of other car had already hit one car before hitting me and was still at that rate of speed!! Ran light. Fortunately no one seriously injured. Suspect he was uninsured. Will find out tomorrow.

At this point it awaits evaluation for damage by adjuster. Car only 4 months old and less than 4000 miles. Aarrgh. Those that have more knowledge than I please offers opinions as to what to push for. Should I expect it will be totaled or repaired? With that force of impact I would imagine structural damage. Thx

That's getting fixed. Check into a diminish value claim though. Could be quite hefty on a car like this.
Agreed about diminished value claim. Push hard on it, might help you get it totaled.
The diminished value claim has no impact on the decision to total a car or repair it.

OP, my M2C was hit on the front drivers side at a much slower speed. 27k repair bill. Nationwide did not and would not total. 2.5k diminishes value. All I. All they spent 30k to fix a 50k car and I fought with them exhaustingly to total it. They said according to Texas state law, can be up to 100% of value before they need to total it. Nationwide is a shit company though so maybe you'll have better luck.

YMMV

Glad you're ok though and I really hope you leased it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmedm1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmedm1 View Post
Quote:
Was hit at intersection by driver going approximately 65 mph in the drivers side fender/wheel area. Impact at about 35 degree angle. Three more feet rearward and I'd have been toast! Knocked car about six feet and then wedged on curb. Driver of other car had already hit one car before hitting me and was still at that rate of speed!! Ran light. Fortunately no one seriously injured. Suspect he was uninsured. Will find out tomorrow.

At this point it awaits evaluation for damage by adjuster. Car only 4 months old and less than 4000 miles. Aarrgh. Those that have more knowledge than I please offers opinions as to what to push for. Should I expect it will be totaled or repaired? With that force of impact I would imagine structural damage. Thx

[img]https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1589729902[/img]
Can definitely be fixed! Especially with all the stuff going on now insurance adjusters just did everything through pictures so odds are they'll cough up the money especially on the high msrp. Good luck with everything glad you're okay! Cars can be replaced humans can't!
100% percent of cars hit can be repaired.

This car should reach total loss by value or frame damage.

That entire frontend is toast
Just depends on the adjuster to be honest, I've seen a lot worse get fixed. 35k plus damages get repaired with the whole front end smashed so bad you couldn't tell what car it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
State Farm decided to repair an Acura I had years ago which had far worse damage than this. A ~40 MPH T-bone to the driver's door from an SUV running a stop sign pushed me into a fire hydrant, caused 4 of the 6 airbags to pop, and broke every piece of glass. I was pushed so hard that my right hip took out the center console. EMTs cut the driver's door off to extract me. The repair was about $18k on a new car worth $30k, and they would not total it. Everything I thought I knew about what substantiates a total loss was wrong. Fortunately it was leased, and I have only leased since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan92 View Post
Sorry about the accident but this definitely does looking fixable. I understand everyone here saying they wouldn't want a vehicle after an accident (I wouldn't either!) but that's not how the real world works. Working for one of the major insurance companies, we wouldn't total a vehicle unless repairs exceeded 70% of the value of the car, you can't just demand a whole new car because you were in an accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Bastards!

most" carriers are somewhat ethical.

Did they adjust your premium?

When you obtained the policy it was inline with new car value.

That car would be worth $14k at best after repair.

They now insuring a $14k car

Wonder if it was stolen what value they would of assessed
I did not mention the rest of the Acura saga since it was not relevant to the OP, but since you asked . . .
I wound up not getting the car back after it was repaired. The insurance companies and attorneys did not communicate well. One company decided to fix it while the other wrote me a check. I did go to the shop to see it out of curiosity and was impressed that it looked new, but I never drove it again. My insurance premiums were not affected since I was not at fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv135i View Post
Quote:

[img]https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1589729902[/img]
That's getting fixed. Check into a diminish value claim though. Could be quite hefty on a car like this.
Agreed about diminished value claim. Push hard on it, might help you get it totaled.
The diminished value claim has no impact on the decision to total a car or repair it.

OP, my M2C was hit on the front drivers side at a much slower speed. 27k repair bill. Nationwide did not and would not total. 2.5k diminishes value. All I. All they spent 30k to fix a 50k car and I fought with them exhaustingly to total it. They said according to Texas state law, can be up to 100% of value before they need to total it. Nationwide is a shit company though so maybe you'll have better luck.

YMMV

Glad you're ok though and I really hope you leased it.
The system is rigged...

Sucks cause as the insured you forced to play by insurance company rules.

This is new to me;
Insurance companies determine a car to be totaled when the vehicle's cost of repair plus the salvage value is more than the actual cash value of the vehicle.

When I did claims once the car got up to 50 or near 50% ACV I'd submit for TL

As a long time car enthusiast some claims were entertaining

I remember a Claimant trying to get more money.

I asked how was the car running before the accident?

Told him I'm paying as if your Audi 5000 was mint no issues. He got silent lol

Have a nice day!
Appreciate 0