Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv135i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsman View Post
Was hit at intersection by driver going approximately 65 mph in the drivers side fender/wheel area. Impact at about 35 degree angle. Three more feet rearward and I'd have been toast! Knocked car about six feet and then wedged on curb. Driver of other car had already hit one car before hitting me and was still at that rate of speed!! Ran light. Fortunately no one seriously injured. Suspect he was uninsured. Will find out tomorrow.

At this point it awaits evaluation for damage by adjuster. Car only 4 months old and less than 4000 miles. Aarrgh. Those that have more knowledge than I please offers opinions as to what to push for. Should I expect it will be totaled or repaired? With that force of impact I would imagine structural damage. Thx

That's getting fixed. Check into a diminish value claim though. Could be quite hefty on a car like this.
Agreed about diminished value claim. Push hard on it, might help you get it totaled.
The diminished value claim has no impact on the decision to total a car or repair it.

OP, my M2C was hit on the front drivers side at a much slower speed. 27k repair bill. Nationwide did not and would not total. 2.5k diminishes value. All I. All they spent 30k to fix a 50k car and I fought with them exhaustingly to total it. They said according to Texas state law, can be up to 100% of value before they need to total it. Nationwide is a shit company though so maybe you'll have better luck.

YMMV

Glad you're ok though and I really hope you leased it.
Nationwide is not on your side ‼️
Poochie9099.00
clee1982796.00