05-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #54
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsman View Post
Was hit at intersection by driver going approximately 65 mph in the drivers side fender/wheel area. Impact at about 35 degree angle. Three more feet rearward and I'd have been toast! Knocked car about six feet and then wedged on curb. Driver of other car had already hit one car before hitting me and was still at that rate of speed!! Ran light. Fortunately no one seriously injured. Suspect he was uninsured. Will find out tomorrow.

At this point it awaits evaluation for damage by adjuster. Car only 4 months old and less than 4000 miles. Aarrgh. Those that have more knowledge than I please offers opinions as to what to push for. Should I expect it will be totaled or repaired? With that force of impact I would imagine structural damage. Thx

[img]https://f92.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1589729902[/img]
You don't want that car back. Repaired it will never ever be the same. Also the tear down can reveal hidden damage. And not to mention diminished value, accident history and a black mark in Car Fax.

This pretty upsetting but glad you made it out unharmed, a testament to the safety and solid construction of these cars.

Pray/push this one gets totaled. You can always order a new one.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
hilsman115.00