View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #20
Blazeman1161
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 Diesel, BMW x3 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsman View Post
Was hit at intersection by driver going approximately 65 mph in the drivers side fender/wheel area. Impact at about 35 degree angle. Three more feet rearward and I'd have been toast! Knocked car about six feet and then wedged on curb. Driver of other car had already hit one car before hitting me and was still at that rate of speed!! Ran light. Fortunately no one seriously injured. Suspect he was uninsured. Will find out tomorrow.

At this point it awaits evaluation for damage by adjuster. Car only 4 months old and less than 4000 miles. Aarrgh. Those that have more knowledge than I please offers opinions as to what to push for. Should I expect it will be totaled or repaired? With that force of impact I would imagine structural damage. Thx

When speaking with both your insurer or the other driver's (if they have insurance) make sure to file for not only repairs but ALSO a diminished value claim. This claim is usually awarded on newer cars and be thousands of $. Effectively it is the value lost because the car has been involved in an accident.

Had 2 year old 535, $5000 in damage fixed by BMW certified collision company and also received $4500 in diminished value claim proceeds.

You might need to do a little extra work...and your insurer should help get it done.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00