05-17-2020, 01:01 PM   #8
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsman View Post
Was hit at intersection by driver going approximately 65 mph in the drivers side fender/wheel area. Impact at about 35 degree angle. Three more feet rearward and I'd have been toast! Knocked car about six feet and then wedged on curb. Driver of other car had already hit one car before hitting me and was still at that rate of speed!! Ran light. Fortunately no one seriously injured. Suspect he was uninsured. Will find out tomorrow.
At this point it awaits evaluation for damage by adjuster. Car only 4 months old and less than 4000 miles. Aarrgh. Those that have more knowledge than I please offers opinions as to what to push for. Should I expect it will be totaled or repaired? With that force of impact I would imagine structural damage. Thx
Glad to hear you came out of it unscathed!

Is it your car or leased? If leased, are you into it for a large downpayment?

Either way, do you have a "like for like" replacement (often called "New Car Replacement") with your insurance? I did with All State insurance so we pushed for a write-off by ensuring every single element or possible element of damage was accounted for and its replacement/repair cost considered in the final repair bill. That approach got us over the line and All State bought me a new car as opposed to returning some Frankenstein's monster to me.
Appreciate 5