Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Exclusive Whiskey and the 8 Series

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
About 60 days after the delivery of my 8 series last July, I received an email from BMW indicating that as a 'special' 8 owner I would be receiving a special hand crafted bottle of whiskey from Sullivan's Cove.

Another 30 days and a further email this time a video explaining how it would not be any bottle of whiskey, but a uniquely created bottle of whiskey just for 8 series owners.

Who is Sullivan's Cove you ask? Well:

In 2019, Sullivans Cove French Oak Single Cask was awarded “World’s Best Single Cask Single Malt” at the World Whiskies Awards. This followed winning the same award for their American Oak Single Cask in 2018, making Sullivans Cove the only distillery in the world to ever win the award twice. In 2014, Sullivans Cove French Oak was also named “World’s Best Single Malt” at the World Whiskies Awards, and is still the only Australian whisky ever to win World’s Best.

After another 30 days a very large box arrived with some elaborate packaging and inside was a "specially designed whiskey bottle holder which captures "the spirit of the 8 series".

After another 30 days, another large box arrived with a box inside which was the "8 Sullivans Cove Sensory Sample Kit" where you can smell the flavour profiles of the Nose, the Palate and the Finish. There are strips of absorbent paper which you can use to smell or apply as an aftershave.

And last week (another 30 days) I received a letter saying my whiskey had been shipped and it included a video with more information including the sources for the blend. My whiskey has not yet arrived.

My thoughts. I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but I don't mind one and will definitely try this with a friend of mine who is a whiskey nut. A Sullivans Cove whiskey is pretty special and its a nice touch from BMW. However its not what I really wanted.

What I really wanted is dealership pickup and drop off when my car needs a service. Very simple and easy. Practical. And probably a lot cheaper for BMW given the cost of creating a bottle of whiskey. The bottle holder alone would not have been cheap.

Of course the Sullivans Cove whiskey is all about making me feel unique and special like the 8 series.

Feelings, thoughts my fellow 8 owners?

Attached Images

Appreciate 4