Thread: Got a Palisade
View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 04:21 AM   #51
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Respect to Hyundai and Kia. They make a appealing, quality product at a lower price than the rest of the industry.

I decided to give Kia a try in 2005 with the Sorento. I've owned it till 2018 and sold it with over 150k on the clock. Car never let me down and I've driven it from South Carolina to Montana. From Main to Colorado and on many Offroad Recreational Vehicle trails. Had the fuel pressure sensor replaces under warranty at 55k on the ODO, and that was it. Great ownership experience.

Since then my wife has had a 2016 Sportage, and I replaced the Sorento with a used SantaFe Sport in 2018. Both vehicle have been flawless. We got rear ended by a Escape while in the SantFe. 35-40mph impact. The Escape was totaled and had to be towed. We pulled over for the police report, and then drove on with the SantaFe for the rest of date night.

I'm not a brand loyalist by any means. I go for whatever brand makes what I need at the price point I'm looking at. But when I'm looking for basic, reliable commuter which comes with good features for not a lot of money, Hyundai/Kia is hard to beat.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0