View Single Post
      10-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #12
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Interesting opinions in here. I'm going to keep my voice light only because I'm aware that my bias toward the car has grown over the past few months. Dimensionally speaking, the car's much bigger than your E93, but it's also down a solid 250lbs by comparison.

I'm confused, if you're a Mustang fan, have you ever driven any of them in recent years, especially the last gen S197? I drove an S197 GT TP and it felt like there was a wall in front of me thanks to the dash height and poor seating position (lack of scoping tiller and poor seating overall). The S550's dash brow felt so much lower, and the one pronounced factor was the twin ridges and the unusual bulge in height toward the midsection.

It was definitely sizeable compared to my E92, but I found the car to do the cliche "shrinks around you as you drive it" thing. I've yet to drive a car in the spec I'm looking for: V8, 6MT, PP, etc., but I did get to mess with the various features that come with the premium package. I thought the toggles felt fantastic in terms of actuation and couldn't tell if they were alloy or plastic. Their movement was positive and chunky. Overall materials were close to par with my E92 save for the center console, plastic framing the IP switchgear and screening, A-pillar detailing and speaker covering, window framing, etc. I was impressed with the level of material and build quality for the money, especially when it comes with that level of performance.

If you're someone who needs a luxurious cockpit, it's not the kind of car for you. The M is the better overall drive with far better materials. If you're looking for some great performance and a hell of a modding platform, it's going to be a dream come true. It has a stiff chassis, plenty of amenities, and all of the proper starting ingredients to build off of.

Bama just released this
-93 Octane Stock RWHP/RWTQ: 381/359
-93 Octane Bama Tuned RWHP/RWTQ: 402/382
-93 Bama Tune w/JLT Intake RWHP/RWTQ: 412/382

That's without any exhaust modification, and there's already reports of how restrictive the three cat setup is. Remove the odd suitcase/crossover pipe, save 20-30lbs and gain 10RWHP/TQ. Plenty of potential for the FBO crowd. Get a coilover setup, a set of decent tires, and you'll have a serious contender.
Appreciate 0