View Single Post
      08-29-2019, 01:18 AM   #20
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep
Drives: Sleek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
The previous gen 6-series was such a beautifully timeless design. I'm still not convinced that the 8 is any sort of improvement. Granted, what I'm saying is completely subjective, but from what I've gathered reading forums and attending various launch events, I may be in the majority.
Color and the way pictures were taken have a significant effect on the perception of how something is. That colour combination of orange exterior, black with yellow-brown parts interior and yellow calipers on a convertible with the roof down looks bad (not my taste). I see the current boxy, sharped-line design more of a change rather than an improvement from the 6 series, and it suits the 2 door coupe well but the curvy 6 series design suits the 4 door version better, and I agree that the F06, F12 and F13 are among the best ever looking BMWs so far (if not the best). Initially, I was not that impressed with looks of the 8 series, but with time, I saw what makes it desirable for a sports coupe in terms of looks - the sharp lines and squarish design, but for the 2 door coupe only, that too the one with a solid roof, so no cabriolet . I am not too keen on those fake rear vents though; why put fake air vents when they could have included real ones .

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 08-30-2019 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0