10-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #106
jeveryday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
True, but the G35 people always state the opposite. They don't respect the pecking order.

Nobody will deny the G3x offers tremendous value. Some people don't want to spend what a 335 costs, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Some can't afford a 335.

I never see a 335 driver trying to claim his car is better value, has a better interior, performs better than a Cayman S. All of us who drive 335's know for a fact the Cayman S is a better car. I don't know why G3x owners are always in denial with regard to the 335. Again, there is not one category in the R&T test where the G37 beat the 335. Not one. Those are stats and hard numbers, not someone's opinion.

I think the G3x's are great cars. But if the only thing you care about is feeling that your car is better than another model, then compare the G to the TL and Avalon and Passat.

I dont disagree with you at all. However, i do disagree with you saying that we are always in denial with the 335. No one feels the 335 isnt a great car but it is CLOSE competition to the G37, as ALL magazines have stated(some stating one or the other on top). Also, if you want to make that point of numbers then why do 328i drivers compare it with the G35 when clearly as you stated the "hard" numbers state it is a better car.

Also, I doubt the reasons are that people cant afford the 335 but rather they may not see the point of paying 6K more for a car that is THAT close in performance and style.

Thats where im at right now. However, fact remains the 335 is an excellent car, IMO.

LOL, however it did take them (BMW) 4 years to make a response to the G35.
Appreciate 0