View Single Post
      07-01-2017, 05:13 PM   #130
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I don't know. Having lived in DFW and So Cal, I've always lived around tracks and nearly all of my enthusiast friends make at least a few trips a year in all kinds of cars.

And fwd, much like awd is very easy to access compared to rwd. I'd guess the average CTR time delta to a professional is a lot smaller than say an M3 or Z06.

And it's $34k, not $40k. Like the Focus RS, markups will be gone in a few months. For MSRP, ignoring discounts on other cars, not much could really touch it. Maybe a Camaro V6 1LE package, but again, that's a big, heavy coupe, not something that can carry bikes, camping gear or kids quite as easily as a (goofy looking) CTR.
Oh, in canada it's 40k CAD, with taxes and everything, it'll be very close to 50k. And apparently the first batch of CTR that is being made, canada is only getting 200 or something like that.

It's just in my area, everyone gets the newest "affordable" car that comes out (Golf R, then Focus RS) and all they do is drag race or street race. Absolutely no track, and on the track when I do go, I do see VW racecars (gutted, rollcage etc..) but no Focus RS or anything of the sort.

To me, Honda is marketing their CTR as a FWD track car and people are buying it due to the hype or whatever the case was, and saying "Oh for the price, this car is fastest than old GT2, GTR, etc.." around ONE track. I'm already tired of the civics with fart cans driving everywhere in my area, I don't need to see a million other CTR trying to race everyone wherever I go.