View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 08:51 AM   #16
mhbrownie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI, BMW 2016 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
mhbrownie thanks for sharing your build. I have the same wheels on my m850i and think they look great, mostly black but just a little bit of bling. The Bowers+Wilkins looks just sensational especially with the lighting option, still working on how to optimise the sound. I know how you feel on the wait - please see my post ‘still waiting down under’ - hopefully you don’t have to wait that long!!
Ditto on the bling . I have a B&W system in my 2016 750 and really like it. I am not one looking to artificially pump out a ton of bass which I do think may be somewhat lacking if that is your goal. I believe I read that the 8series B&W will come with a microphone to allow you to equalize the sound in the cabin but I could have been dreaming. I found that Stage setting in my 7 and tweaking bass/treble and a few other eq settings makes for quite engaging listening. I have a nice (~7k) system at home that focuses on accurately reproducing the original sound of the recordings and I feel the B&W does a good job considering the listening environment is a small space moving at 70+ MPH.

Overall the lighting effects in the cabin of the 7 series (and the very similar 8) walk the fine line between cool and over the top but overall I like them.
Appreciate 0