View Single Post
      06-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #117
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcara View Post
Factory reset is under one of the iDrive menus. Car / settings / general I think. It’ll wipe everything from the car. But I had to do this before it updated the apps. I have not seen the car do an over the air update. And the ConnectedDrive website told me no update was applicable either. However I went from 11/2018.xx to 03/2020.40 which has added a load of new things which I like. Like a nicer font, different iDrive options, the drive recorder app, the pointless caring car app and so on.

One BMW person told me on the phone my car was “on the cusp of being able to be updated” to get the new feature (eg due to the build date of the car), while another person said “it’s all the same hardware underneath anyway so we can just update it like all the other 8 series out there”.
OK, so just to be certain: You did this yourself and there was no dealer participation in the process that finally solved the problem. It also sounds like, based on a previous post, you left the dealer with 03.2020.40 and the factory reset left you with the same 03.2020.40 but it was far more functional. Is that correct?

Also, how long did it take you to do the factory reset?

Many thanks in advance. I'm moving in your direction on this.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0