View Single Post
      10-31-2023, 04:48 PM   #12
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Mike Elliot (chief technical officer Mercedes F1) resigns. I guess they hold him responsible for the zeropod debacle:

Another interesting thing is said in this video, and that is that next years car is gonna be very very important, as that will pretty much determine not only next year's performance but also 2025 performance, as all of the 2025 budget will go into the 2026 car as that is a new regulation car.
This is of course also why RB has been telling pretty much half of the season that they don't do big development anymore and are mainly working on the 2024 car.

So teams that have been frantically working on improving this years car may end up having a bad 2024 and 2025 season, or, if they choose to improve the 2025 car, having a bad 2026 season and beyond....
The budgetcap demands meticulous planning ahead.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3